It’s one day before the holiday, and you still haven’t bought any treats. What should you do?
The kid-size box of raisins…this reminds me of my grandmother, but still not so enticing. Plus, dried fruit (especially with extra sugar added) is equivalent to eating candy.
How about these:
- Small individual packets of nuts and unsweetened dried fruit or lower sugar trail mix. Recently there were some at Sam’s Club with pumpkin seed (very festive right now), sunflower seeds, cashews, raisins, and coconut flakes. Trader Joe’s has some of these with bits of chocolate or peanut butter chips as well.
- Snack packets of almond butter. They make different types such as with honey, maple, or even chocolate. Try looking for these at your local co-op. Just a tip, that if you buy a case of something at the co-op, it is usually more cost-effective and you may even get a further discount. If you know you get a lot of trick-or-treaters, this may be the way to go.
- Packets of instant oatmeal. The less sugar added the better!
- Applesauce packets. These are fun to eat and easy to pack in a lunch or eat in the car on the go.
- For a splurge, or if you usually hand out full-size candy bars, try handing out KIND bars or LARA bars.
Have a safe and fun Halloween!